It is not necessary to go to the store and spend a lot of money on Christmas decorations, just have the time and desire to have a good time with the children to make our own Christmas decorations.
We suggest you make a nice Santa Claus using a roll of toilet paper. It is a very simple craft to do and will help children to enhance motor coordination in addition to living the Christmas spirit.
- A roll of toilet paper
- Pair of scissors
- Brush and red and white paint
- Plastic eyes
- Black, red and yellow cardstock
1. Draw a half circle with a pencil on the end of a toilet paper roll and color it white. Paint the rest red to make the Santa suit.
2. Put glue around the white oval and glue small pieces of cotton.
3. Print this page and cut out each piece. They will serve as templates for Santa's belt, hat and feet.
4. Put the long strip and the feet on black cardboard; the small square, on yellow cardboard, and the cone for the hat on red cardboard. Cut out all the pieces. Then stick the yellow square on the black strip and both on the roll, as a Santa Claus belt.
5. Glue the feet to the bottom of the toilet paper roll.
6. Fold the cone over itself and join the ends, then stick the hat on the roller. Glue on the plastic eyes and paint him a big smile.