For all those with a sweet tooth looking for a traditional Argentine dessert for this Christmas, Guiainfantil.com brings the recipe for coconut nougat. We guarantee that children will enjoy it.
This ideal recipe for Christmas Eve has egg whites, so we recommend pasteurizing them. How to do it? We put the egg in a saucepan with water and put it on the fire. With a kitchen thermometer we control that the water reaches 60 degrees, we keep it at that temperature for four minutes and they are ready to use. It is important not to exceed 64, since at that point the egg begins to coagulate.
- 150 grams of Sugar
- 100 grams of grated coconut
- 100 grams of raw almonds
- 1 egg
- 200 grams of chocolate coating
Tip: If you don't like chocolate, don't worry, it can be done without adding the coating and it will be just as delicious.
1. On the one hand, we grind the sugar, the coconut and the almonds, we add it to a bowl with the beaten egg white.
2. Mix it well and place it in a rectangular mold lined with parchment paper. We spread the mixture and distribute it well so that it is well smooth. We cover it with more parchment paper and put it in the fridge for 12 hours.
3. Now comes the sweetest moment. We melt the chocolate coating in a bain-marie until it is completely melted.
4. We cover the cold and compact nougat with the chocolate, and put it back in the fridge for two hours. Ready! To enjoy this Argentine dessert.
You can read more articles similar to Coconut nougat recipe. Argentinian Christmas dessert, in the category of Recipes on site.