During the Easter week it is tradition to prepare recipes and special dishes to enjoy with the family. In Anglo-Saxon countries, one of the favorite sweets is Easter Buns, better known as Hot cross buns.
Children love the arrival of Easter, since in addition to having a week of school holidays, at home they enjoy the typical dishes of Easter. Learn to do step by step the Easter bun and leave your children with their mouths open.
- 450 gr. Of flour
- 2 eggs
- 25 gr of fresh yeast
- 300 ml. milk
- 100 grams of sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Nutmeg and Ginger
- 75 gr. of butter
- 50 gr. of raisins
- 25 gr. candied fruit
1. Dissolve the yeast in a little warm milk and let it rest for a few minutes.
2. Mix the flour, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, sugar, raisins and candied fruit in a bowl.
3. Beat the eggs and mix them little by little in the bowl. Do the same with the yeast dissolved in milk.
4. Pour the rest of the milk and begin to knead with your hands until a homogeneous dough is left. Add the butter and knead well until well integrated.
5. Let the dough rest for two hours until doubled.
6. Once rested, divide the dough into balls and let them rest for about 20 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 180 ºC
7. Cover the muffins with a little beaten egg and bake for 20 minutes.
8. When ready, let cool and draw a cross with a little melted white chocolate.
9 Serve with marmalade and butter to enjoy its delicious flavor.
You can read more articles similar to Easter buns recipe for kids, in the category of Desserts and sweets on site.